- Drain the engine cooling system; refer to Cooling System.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Disconnect the electrical wiring connector from the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor (ECT sensor).
- Remove the engine coolant temperature sensor.
- Follow the removal procedure in reverse order.
NOTE: Coat the threads of the engine coolant temperature sensor with Ford Pipe Sealant with Teflon D8AZ-19554-A or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSK-M2G350-A2 prior to installation.
- Refill the engine cooling system; refer to Cooling System.