Before using the scan tool to perform any test, refer to the important Safety Notice and the necessary visual checks listed below.
- Inspect the air cleaner and inlet ducting.
- Check all engine vacuum hoses for damage, leaks, cracks, kinks and proper routing.
- Check Electronic EC system wiring harness for proper connections, bent or broken pins, corrosion, loose wires and proper routing.
- Check the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) , sensors and actuators for physical damage.
- Check the engine coolant for proper level and mixture.
- Check the transmission fluid level and quality.
- Make all necessary repairs before continuing with Quick Test.
- Perform ALL safety steps required to start and run vehicle tests. Apply parking brake, place shift lever firmly into PARK position (NEUTRAL on manual transmission) and block drive wheels.
- Turn off ALL electrical loads: radios, lamps, A/C, blower and fans.
- Start engine and bring up to normal operating temperature before running Quick Test.