- Use only Urethane Sealant Essex U-216 or Essex 400-HV meeting Ford specification WSB-M2G316-B to repair water and air leaks in the urethane sealant.
- After replacing the urethane installed glass, the vehicle should not be driven until the urethane has cured. The curing time at 21°C (70°F) and 50% relative humidity is 24 hours (decreasing at higher temperatures and higher humidities). Refer to the detailed instructions provided by the manufacturer in the kit. Inadequate curing of the urethane may adversely affect the strength of the urethane adhesive bond.
- Do not scratch the pinch weld area.
- If vehicle is to be driven within 24 hours of urethane application, Urethane Sealant Essex U-216 meeting the Ford specification WSB-M2G316-B must be used due to its one hour cure time.
- Open the windows slightly to prevent the windshield glass from being pushed out by air pressure when a door is closed.