NOTE: If any concerns are noted with the speedometer, stoplamps, or horn, address those concerns by referring to their associated sections before continuing speed control diagnosis.
- Verify the customer concern by operating the speed control system.
- Visually inspect for obvious signs of mechanical and electrical damage using the chart.
- Check the wiring harness for obvious signs of shorts, opens, bad connections, or damage.
- Verify that the speedometer and stoplamps function properly.
- Verify that the throttle cable is adjusted properly and not holding the throttle open or increasing idle speed.
- Make sure the throttle linkage operates freely and smoothly when connected to the speed control actuator cable and speed control servo.
- If the fault is not visually evident, verify the symptom and proceed to Symptom Chart. See: Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures\Diagnosis By Symptom