Piston-Pin Connecting Rod Assembly, Press Fit
- Use the Piston Pin Tool to press the piston pin out from the piston assembly and connecting rod.
- Remove the connecting rod and piston rings from the piston.
- Clean and inspect the piston, piston pin and connecting rod.
- CAUTION: PIP mark on pistons and squirt groove on connecting rods must be located on the intake side of engine or possible engine damage may occur.
CAUTION: The arrow on the piston must point toward the front of the engine or engine damage may occur.
Lubricate the piston pin and piston pin bore with clean engine oil.
- Position the piston pin in the bore aligned with the connecting rod bore.
- Use the Piston Pin Tool to press the piston pin into the piston and connecting rod assembly.
- Fit and install the piston rings.