Removal and Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the side and lower splash shield as an assembly. Remove the bolts.
Remove the splash shield.
- Rotate the drive belt tensioner (6B209) clockwise and remove the drive belt. (8620)
Part 1 of 3
Part 2 of 3
Part 3 of 3
NOTE: Drive belts (8620) with automatic drive belt tensioners (6B209) do not require adjustment.
NOTE: When a new drive belt is installed or a drive belt is re-installed after a service procedure the drive belt does not fully seat into the pulley grooves until engine has run for several minutes.
This vehicle is equipped with:
- a V-ribbed serpentine accessory drive belt.
- an automatic drive belt tensioner.
New drive belts must be of the same type as originally installed.
Check the drive belt condition at 96,000 km (60,000 miles) then after every 24,140 km (15,000 miles).
- Install the engine splash shield.