- Remove the battery tray.
- Disconnect the clutch slave cylinder tube from the hydraulic clutch hose, and plug the hose.
- Remove the retaining clip and the hose from the bracket.
- Disconnect the heated oxygen sensor (H02S) electrical connector.
- Disconnect the backup lamp electrical connector.
- Remove the bolt and the electrical connector support bracket.
- Disconnect the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) electrical connector.
- Disconnect the park neutral position (PNP) switch electrical connector.
- Install Three-Bar Engine Support.
- Remove the LH support insulator nuts and washers.
- Remove the rear upper transaxle to engine bolt.
- Remove the front upper transaxle to engine bolt.
- Remove the starter motor.
- Remove the halfshafts.
- Remove the drain plug and drain the fluid.
- NOTE: Use a new gasket on the drain plug.
Install the drain plug.
- NOTE: Disconnect the A/C line from the retainer located on the front of the engine support crossmember.
Remove the engine support crossmember.
- Remove the bolts and nuts.
- Remove the lower front insulator nuts.
- Remove the lower rear insulator nuts.
- Remove the engine support crossmember.
- Remove the gearshift stabilizer bar to transaxle nut.
- Remove the gearshift stabilizer bar and support from the transaxle.
- Remove the transaxle gearshift rod nut.
- Remove the transaxle gearshift bolt and remove the transaxle gearshift rod and clevis from the input shift shaft (7L267).
- Disconnect the lower clutch slave cylinder tube and remove from the slave cylinder tube.
- Remove the nuts and the clutch slave cylinder.
- Remove the lower transaxle to engine bolts.
- Position Transmission Jack under the transaxle and secure the transaxle to the jack.
- Remove the catalytic converter.
- Remove the three remaining transaxle to engine bolts.
- Carefully lower the transaxle out of the vehicle.