The shortest route to an accurate diagnosis results from:
- system knowledge, including comparison with a known good system.
- system history, including repair history and usage patterns.
- condition history, especially any relationship to repairs or sudden change.
- knowledge of possible sources.
- using a systematic diagnostic method that divides the system into related areas.
The diagnosis and correction of noise, vibration and harshness concerns requires:
- a road or system test to determine the exact nature of the concern.
- an analysis of the possible causes.
- testing to verify the cause.
- repairing any concerns found.
- a road test or system test to make sure the concern has been corrected or brought back to within an acceptable range