To carry out this test, proceed as follows:
- Apply the parking brake and the service brake.
- Install a tachometer.
- Shift the transmission into DRIVE, and increase and decrease the engine rpm between an idle to approximately 2,000 rpm . Note the engine rpm and, if possible, determine the vibration frequency.
- Repeat the test in REVERSE.
- If the vibration/noise is duplicated when carrying out this test, inspect the engine and transmission or transaxle mounts.
- If the concern is definitely engine speed-related, carry out the Engine Accessory Test to narrow down the source. See: Engine Accessory Drive Test
- Proceed as necessary.
WARNING: BLOCK THE FRONT AND REAR WHEELS, AND APPLY THE PARKING BRAKE AND THE SERVICE BRAKE, OR INJURY TO PERSONNEL CAN RESULT.
CAUTION : Do not carry out the Engine Load Test for more than five seconds or damage to the transmission or transaxle can result Block the front and rear wheels.