Precaution for Assembly and Installation
- Use torque wrench to tighten bolts or nuts to specification.
- When tightening nuts and bolts, as a basic rule, equally tighten in several different steps starting with the ones in center, then ones on inside and outside diagonally in this order. If the order of tightening is specified, do exactly as specified.
- Replace with new gasket, packing, oil seal or O-ring.
- Thoroughly wash, clean, and air-blow each part. Carefully check oil or coolant passages for any restriction and blockage.
- Avoid damaging sliding or mating surfaces. Completely remove foreign materials such as cloth lint or dust. Before assembly, oil sliding surfaces well.
- Release air within route after draining coolant.
- Before starting engine, apply fuel pressure to fuel lines with turning ignition switch ON (with engine stopped). Then make sure that there are no leaks at fuel line connections.
- After repairing, start engine and increase engine speed to check coolant, fuel, oil, and exhaust systems for leakage.