Precaution for Removal and Disassembly
- When instructed to use special service tools, use the specified tools. Always be careful to work safely, avoid forceful or uninstructed operations.
- Exercise maximum care to avoid damage to mating or sliding surfaces.
- Cover openings of engine system with tape or the equivalent, if necessary, to seal out foreign materials.
- Mark and arrange disassembly parts in an organized way for easy troubleshooting and assembly.
- When loosening nuts and bolts, as a basic rule, start with the one furthest outside, then the one diagonally opposite, and so on. If the order of loosening is specified, do exactly as specified. Power tools may be used where noted in the step.