Date: September 30, 2009
PERSONAL REAR MAP LAMP INOPERATIVE
2008-2009 Altima Sedan and Hybrid (L32 & L32HV)
2009 Maxima (A35)
IF YOU CONFIRM:
The "personal" rear map lamp does not operate.
Check to see if the lamp housing halves are not fully snapped or seated together.
Follow the Service Procedure in this bulletin to access the lamp.
Do not replace the headliner for this incident, if it should occur.
1. Remove the top portion of the rear door weather strip from the upper body opening.
2. Using a "finesse stick" or similar tool, pop out the assist grip center retaining buttons (see Figure 2) then remove the grip.
3. Remove the bolt retain the "B" pillar upper trim and slightly pull the trim away from the body.
4. Remove the bolt retaining the "C" pillar trim and slightly pull the trim away from the body.
5. Using both hands, press the lamp housing halves together until they snap in place.
||Be sure not to disturb the side curtain air bag or move it out of its proper position.
||Be careful not to crease the headliner when pulling it down to access the lamp assembly.
6. Check to make sure the incident is resolved.
7. Re-assemble the vehicle in reverse order of disassembly.