The purpose of ACTION (above) is to give you a quick idea of the work you will be performing. You MUST closely follow the entire SERVICE PROCEDURE as it contains information that is essential to successfully completing the repair.
1. Connect CONSULT III (C-III) to the vehicle to begin the reprogramming procedure.
If you are not familiar with the reprogramming procedure, refer to "CONSULT-III (C-III) TCM Reprogramming" general procedure.
Do not use the "Reprogramming / Programming" selection.
Select the Model and Model Year, and then navigate to Direct Diagnosis > Reprogramming.
2. When you get to the 1CM Reprogramming screen shown in Figure 1, confirm TCM reprogramming applies as follows:
A. On your C-III screen, look at the Part Number column (see Figure 1 example).
If this column is blank (no part number listed), this bulletin does not apply. Refer to ASIST for further diagnostic and repair information.
If a Part Number is listed, write it on the Repair Order and then go to Step B.
B. Compare the Part Number (P/N) you wrote down to the Current TCM P/N column in Table A above.
If there is a match, TCM reprogramming applies. Continue with the reprogramming procedure.
If there are two lines (two reprogramming options) on your C-III screen, use the one that does not have the message "Caution! Use ONLY with NTBXX-XXX".
If there is not a match, this bulletin does not apply. Refer to ASIST for further diagnostic and repair information.
3. If TCM reprogramming applies and you have performed TCM reprogramming; when reprogramming is complete, the screen in Figure 2 displays.
4. Make sure to erase DTCs from all systems.
During reprogramming, DTCs will set in several systems and must be erased.
5. Test drive the vehicle and make sure it operates correctly and the MIL is OFF.
If the MIL comes ON, go back to ASIST for further diagnostic information.
Diagnosis and repairs beyond the TCM reprogramming are not covered by this bulletin.