PARKING BRAKE SHOE
LINING THICKNESS Inspection
- Check thickness of lining.
DRUM INNER DIAMETER Inspection
- Check inner diameter of drum in rear disc rotor.
- Check the following:
- Lining for excessive wear, damage, and peeling.
- Shoe sliding surface for excessive wear and damage.
- Anti-rattle pin for excessive wear and corrosion.
- Return spring for sagging.
- Make sure that adjuster moves smoothly.
- Visually check the inside of drum for excessive wear, cracks, and damage. Check the inside of drum using a pair of vernier calipers.
- Replace with new parts as necessary.