Date: April 13, 2010
IGNITION WILL NOT TURN TO THE ON POSITION
2009 Maxima (A35)
2010 Maxima (A35) built before 1N4AA5AP3AC 812165 / Sept 30, 2009
2007 - 2009 Altima Sedan, Coupe, and Hybrid (L32, CL32, & L32HV)
IF YOU CONFIRM:
The ignition will not turn to the ON position (also the engine will not crank/start),
The steering wheel is released/not locked (steering wheel can be moved right and left).
Refer to the Diagnostic Flow Chart in this bulletin for diagnostic and repair steps.
The diagnostic and repair steps in the flow chart will require referencing the appropriate Service Manual and/or the CONSULT-III (C-III) Operations Manual for NATS-IVIS/NVIS.
Diagnostic Flow Chart
Check S/L UNLOCK Status check
This test is done with the ignition OFF.
1. Turn on the hazard lamps.
2. Select BCM-Intelligent KEY and go to Data Monitor.
3. Select S/L UNLOCK and monitor item.
4. Make the initial selections of VI, Model, and Year.
5. Select Repair.
6. Select Direct Diagnostic mode.
7. Select Multiplex System Data Monitor.
8. Select BCM.
9. Select INTELLIGENT KEY and OK.
10. Select "Select Monitor Item"
11. Select S/L UNLOCK
12. Select Start.
13. Select YES
14. S/L Lock Status: OFF or ON
||Refer back to Check s/L UNLOCK status with C-III in the flow chart above.