Precaution for Service of Compressor
- Plug all openings to prevent moisture and foreign matter from entering.
- When the compressor is removed, store it in the same position as it is when mounted on the car.
- When replacing or repairing compressor, follow "Maintenance of Oil Quantity in Compressor" exactly. Refer to See: Refrigerant Oil\Service and Repair.
- Keep friction surfaces between clutch and pulley clean. If the surface is contaminated, with oil, wipe it off by using a clean waste cloth moistened with thinner.
- After compressor service operation, turn the compressor shaft by hand more than 5 turns in both directions. This will equally distribute oil inside the compressor. After the compressor is installed, let the engine idle and operate the compressor for 1 hour.
- After replacing the compressor magnet clutch, apply voltage to the new one and check for normal operation. [Gap between clutch disc and pulley is 0.3 - 0.6 mm (0.012 - 0.024 in) ]