FLUORESCENT LEAK DETECTOR
This procedure is only necessary when recharging the A/C system or when the compressor has seized and has been replaced.
- Check the A/C system static (at rest) pressure. Pressure must be at least 345 kPa (3.52 kg/cm2, 50 psi) .
- Pour one bottle (1/4 ounce / 7.4 cc) of the A/C refrigerant dye into the injector tool (J-41459).
If repairing the A/C system or replacing a component, pour the dye directly into the open system connection and proceed with the service procedures.
- Connect the injector tool to the A/C LOW PRESSURE side service valve.
- Start the engine and switch the A/C ON and fan ON.
- While the A/C is operating (compressor running), inject one bottle (1/4 ounce / 7.4 cc) of fluorescent dye through the low-pressure service valve using dye injector tool (J-41459), refer to the manufacturer's operating instructions.
- With the engine still running, disconnect the injector tool from the low-pressure service valve.
- Operate the A/C system for a minimum of 20 minutes to mix the dye with the system oil. Depending on the leak size, operating conditions and location of the leak, it may take from a few minutes to a few days for the dye to penetrate the leak and become visible.