Removal and Installation
Heater and Cooling Unit
- Remove the heater and cooling unit assembly. Refer to See: Service and Repair\Refrigeration System.
- Remove the expansion valve.
Cap or wrap the joint of the pipe with suitable material such as vinyl tape to avoid the entry of air.
- Remove the blower unit. Refer to See: Blower Motor\Service and Repair\Blower Unit.
- Remove the heater and cooling unit foot duct RH.
- Remove the air mix door motor RH.
- Remove the evaporator cover.
- Remove the evaporator.
- Remove the intake sensor.
Mark the mounting position of the intake sensor.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
Expansion valve mounting bolts : 2.9 - 5.0 N.m (0.29 - 0.51 kg-m, 26 - 44 in-lb)
- Replace the O-rings with new ones, then apply compressor oil to them when installing them.