Removal and Installation for Expansion Valve
- Discharge the refrigerant. Refer to See: Service and Repair\Refrigeration System.
- Remove the strut tower bar. Refer to See: Steering and Suspension\Suspension\Service and Repair\Front Suspension Assembly\Exploded View.
- Remove the upper cowl. Refer to See: Body and Frame\Cowl\Cowl Moulding / Trim\Service and Repair\Coupe.
- Remove the lower RH cowl.
- Reposition the power steering reservoir aside without disconnecting the power steering hose.
- Disconnect the A/C pipes from the expansion valve. Refer to See: Description and Operation\Refrigeration System\Component.
Cap or wrap the joint of the pipe with suitable material such as vinyl tape to avoid the entry of air.
- Remove the expansion valve.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
Expansion valve mounting bolts : 2.9 - 5.0 N.m (0.29 - 0.51 kg-m, 26 - 44 in-lb)
- Replace the O-rings with new ones, then apply compressor oil to them when installing them.