The audio unit sends audio signals to the rear speakers using the rear speaker circuits.
- Disconnect audio unit connector M43 (A) and suspect speaker connector.
- Check continuity between audio unit harness connector M43 (A) and suspect speaker harness connector (B).
- Check continuity between audio unit harness connector M43 (A) and ground.
Are the continuity results as specified?
YES >> GO TO 2
- Check connector housings for disconnected or loose terminals.
- Repair harness or connector. 2.REAR SPEAKER SIGNAL CHECK
- Connect audio unit connector and rear tweeter connector.
- Turn ignition switch to ACC.
- Push "POWER" switch.
- Check the signal between audio unit harness connector terminals with CONSULT-III or oscilloscope.
Is the audio signal voltage as specified?
YES >> Replace rear speaker. Refer to See: Service and Repair\Rear Speaker\Removal And Installation - Coupe.
NO >> Replace audio unit. Refer to See: Radio/Stereo\Service and Repair\Audio Unit\Base Audio.