- Before servicing, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery terminals and wait at least 3 minutes.
- Do not use air tools or electric tools for servicing.
- Always work from the side of air bag module. Do not work from the front of it.
- Always place air bag module with pad side facing upward.
- Do not cause impact to the air bag module by dropping etc. Replace the air bag module if it has been dropped or sustained an impact.
- After the work is completed, make sure no system malfunction is detected by air bag warning lamp.
- In case a malfunction is detected by the air bag warning lamp, reset by the self-diagnosis function and delete the memory by CONSULTIII.
- If a malfunction is still detected after the above operation, perform self-diagnosis to repair malfunctions. Refer to