FRONT WIPER ARMS : Removal and Installation
- Turn wiper switch ON to operate wiper motor, and then turn wiper switch OFF (auto stop).
- Open hood, remove arm caps, and remove wiper arm nuts.
- Raise wiper arm, and remove wiper arm from the vehicle.
- Clean up the pivot area as shown. This will reduce possibility of wiper arm looseness.
- Prior to wiper arm installation, turn on wiper switch to operate wiper motor and then turn it "OFF" (auto stop).
- Push wiper arm onto pivot shaft, paying attention to blind spline.
- Lift the blade up and then set it down onto glass surface to set the blade center to clearance "A", "B", "C" and "D" immediately before temporarily tightening the wiper arm nuts.
- Spray washer fluid. Turn on wiper switch to operate wiper motor and then turn it "OFF".
- Make sure that wiper blades stop within clearance "A", "B", "C" and "D".
- Tighten wiper arm nuts to specification. Refer to See: Exploded View.
- Attach wiper arm caps.
To adjust the wiper arm stop location, the wiper arm must be removed and installed. Refer to "Front Wiper Arms: Removal and Installation".