Belt Idler Pulley - 2.OL Zetec
Removal and Installation
- Remove the accessory drive belt. See: Drive Belt\Service and Repair
- Support the engine with the 3-Bar Engine Support.
- Remove the front engine support isolator bolt. Raise the engine.
- If removing the front idler pulley remove the bolt and the front idler pulley.
- If removing the rear idler pulley remove the generator. See: Starting and Charging\Charging System\Alternator
- NOTE : The rear idler pulley is attached to the generator bracket.
Remove the 3 bolts and 2 nuts and remove the generator bracket.
- Remove the bolt and the rear idler pulley.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.