- Install the Connector, Refrigerant Pressure Line on the rear head of the A/C compressor using the existing manifold retaining bolt.
- Connect the high and low pressure lines of a manifold gauge set or a refrigerant recovery/recycling station such as the R-134a A/C Service Center to the corresponding fittings on the Connector, Refrigerant Pressure Line.
- Attach the center hose of the manifold gauge set to a refrigerant container standing in an upright position.
- Hand-rotate the compressor shaft 10 complete revolutions to distribute the oil inside the A/C compressor.
- Open the low pressure gauge valve, the high pressure gauge valve and the valve on the refrigerant container to allow the refrigerant vapor to flow into the A/C compressor.
- Using the Refrigerant Leak Detector, check for leaks at the compressor shaft seal and the compressor center seal.
- If a shaft seal leak is found, install a new shaft seal. If an external leak is found at the center joint of the A/C compressor, install a new A/C compressor.
- When the leak test is complete, recover the refrigerant.